The spike ball relieves muscle tension and tightness in the fascia tissue and ligaments and provides mobility, stimulating blood flow throughout the body.
It can be used on the feet, shoulders, trapezius, upper back, glutes and legs. It is a great way for you to tune into your own body and feel where the tightness is and target and trigger point various areas.
- Initially you may feel pain, go gentle, slowly and carefully.
- Where you feel tight spots and sore spots roll the Spike Ball throughout this area and keep coming back to this spot until you feel the area release.
- Try each area twice to help relieve the pain, you should feel it is less painful the 2nd time around.
An example for the Feet
- Stand and place the ball under your foot.
- Roll throughout the arch of your foot, through the joints of the toes, big toe joint and little toe joints, roll around the heel and inside and outside of the foot.
- Roll small circles and up/down throughout the foot.
- Place the ball onto one area and press down gently and firmly, what you can take.
- Repeat this on the other foot.
Try to do this exercise first thing in the morning and when you get home from work whilst relaxing, or just before you go to bed at night.
Continue this same feeling throughout the shoulders, upper back and glutes.